POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Raytracing applet : Re: Raytracing applet Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytracing applet
From: sascha
Date: 31 Jul 2003 11:05:18
Message: <3f29302e$1@news.povray.org>
Bonsai wrote:
 > because it gives me a little insight into Java3D.

Actually it's got nothing to do with Java3D (expect from using the
vecmath classes for basic vector and matrix math) - Java3D is built
ontop OpenGL or DirectX and uses hardware Z-Buffer rendering - this
applet uses raytracing and therefore is quite slow (I get approx. 10
frames per second @ 80 x 80 pixel)

 > the scene rotates to the left when the mouse is dragged to the right

It was meant to move the camera to the right, but I might change it :-)

-sascha