POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Raytracing applet : Raytracing applet Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Raytracing applet
From: sascha
Date: 31 Jul 2003 08:09:31
Message: <3f2906fb$1@news.povray.org>
I was writing a kind of Povray Material Editor for JPatch, but thought
that this might be useful as an applet too.

http://3dgallery.dhs.org/raytracing/

Ok, this applet is a (very simple) realtime-raytracer. It tries to
emulate POV-Rays lighting model (but it does not support procedural
textures). You can change 15 parameters by moving some sliders and the
result is being raytraced in realtime. It can also create a POV-SDL texture.

It might help new Povray users to get a feeling of what impact the
different parameters have.

The result isn't 100% what POV-Ray does, I'll have to read through the
POV-Ray sourcecode to get better "compatibility"...

Source is available, let me know your comments/questions/suggestions

Have fun...
-sascha