POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Terragen > height_field ? : Re: Terragen > height_field ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terragen > height_field ?
From: SeeSchloss
Date: 31 Jul 2003 05:20:40
Message: <3f28df68@news.povray.org>

3f2858d3@news.povray.org...
> There's a Terragen BMP export plug-in here :
> http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Ejomeder/feo/index.html
>
> World machine can import and export between Terragen and other formats.
> http://students.washington.edu/sschmitt/world/

Thanks,  the problem with FEO is that it exports to 8 bit bitmaps and the
steps are too apparent, but World Machine exports to "Povray TGA16" (I
didn't think of it because I thought it couldn't import files, only make a
terrain and save it) and the result seems better.
And I also found another utility wich seems very useful to convert terrain
files, Wilbur (it can also import .ter and export .tga):
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~jslayton/software.html

Now I only have to make the atmosphere, clouds, textures look like in
Terragen :-/