POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how to make a screw object? : Re: how to make a screw object? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to make a screw object?
From: mcavoys
Date: 31 Jul 2003 03:52:09
Message: <3f28ca44.1288452@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:50:36 EDT, "BorisW37" <Bor### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>I have worked out a vey nice screw, it follows the American screw standards
>and actually looks like a real screw. All i need to do now is to make a
>more realistic head. It takes a hell of a long time to render if doing good
>quality. Here is the full scene text:

snip
>Try rendering with lower quality first, to see how it comes out. This is my
>backround for my desktop and i used 25000 quality seting. It took around
>4hrs to render on 2ghz Athlon xp.
>
>Please tell me what you think of this screw...

Very nice indeed it only took 35 sec on my m/c, 512x384 with no AA. 1 min 52 sec
with AA =0.3. I would change the material, as it looks like the threads are
painted and we don't want that :-}
Anyway it looks good, as you say you need to chamfer the hexagonal head and I
would call it a bolt not a screw :-}

Regards
        Stephen