POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : peeper.pov? : Re: peeper.pov? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: peeper.pov?
From: KalleK
Date: 30 Jul 2003 16:12:06
Message: <3f282696@news.povray.org>
Alf Peake wrote:
> Hmm.. 15secs @ 640*480 +a0.3 on my P4 2.8Gig - I wonder how many hours
> that would take on a 386SX-20 (no floating point there) I had around
> the time peeper.pov would have been posted.

Hi!

I once rendered skyvase.pov on a 386DX40 (without FPU) which took 29 hours
(and only 2.25 hours with an overclocked 33-MHz FPU)
Well, I only rendered the first half and guessed the rest by comparing times
and lines with my P90Mhz...
Now, you can approximate your time rendering skyvase - which will take some
5 seconds on your P4 2,8GHz...
Something like 100 hours for peeper...

Kalle