POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another fractal question. : Re: Another fractal question. Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another fractal question.
From: Luke
Date: 29 Jul 2003 06:14:47
Message: <3f264917$1@news.povray.org>
> Yes, it is great. It does not run too well on my XP machine, video driver
aren't
> too clever and it's slow in a DOS box. I was thinking about doing
something with
> IFS's generated with IFSSPELL

I have to boot from a rescue disk before it works at all, but it's almost as
much fun trying to figure out the docs, then implement the stuff in pov.
I've kind of got inverse-julias working in quaternion space. The
relationship with povray's julia_fractals isn't as close as I'd hoped, but
they're still pretty nifty. Maybe I'll share something one day :)

> >I can post code for the above once I've found where I left it. Would that
be
> >ok?
>
> Yes that would be great. It would give me a starting point.

It's on text.scene-files
not very complete I'm afraid, but I hope it's some use.

All the best,
Luke.