POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another fractal question. : Re: Another fractal question. Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another fractal question.
From: Luke
Date: 29 Jul 2003 04:54:44
Message: <3f263654$1@news.povray.org>
<mca### [at] aolcom (S McAvoy)> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any ideas how to generate IFS fractals in Povray.

Yup - but only really easy ones. I had a go at it the week before last -
basically by following the fractint docs.
The method goes something like:

Get an array of transformations.
Choose a starting point.
Pick a transformation at random from your list.
Transform your point.
Place a sphere (or for added fun, blob component) at your new point.
Pick a transformation at random from your list.
Transform your point.
...why don't you fill in the rest yourself?

I made a nice Sierpinski style Swiss cheese thing with this method. I would
have posted some pics, but I got sidetracked by other stuff in fractint
(isn't it great?), and forgot about it.
I can post code for the above once I've found where I left it. Would that be
ok?

-Luke