POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image map filenames with extended ASCII characters (PoseRay development) : Re: Image map filenames with extendedASCIIcharacters(PoseRaydevelopment) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image map filenames with extendedASCIIcharacters(PoseRaydevelopment)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Jul 2003 14:50:37
Message: <3f25707d$1@news.povray.org>
In article <l4t9ivcinr4ejp55k9cjiopnh1odfjbgqe@4ax.com> , ABX
<abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:

>> Actually, I do know about the much more complex issue of true unicode.
>
> There isn't even such a thing like "true" unicode.
> http://www.unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html#14

Well, it really depends on how you define "true" in this context ;-)  It
should also be noted that POV-Ray internally only handles strings in UCS-2
without surrogates.  The reasons for this "limitation" are even more complex
than why files are only supported with ASCII characters, but it does have
certain effects...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde