POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help needed in creating a tunnel effect : Re: help needed in creating a tunnel effect Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help needed in creating a tunnel effect
From: Hughes, B
Date: 27 Jul 2003 15:26:21
Message: <3f24275d$1@news.povray.org>
"darrenf" <dar### [at] ukonlinenet> wrote in message

> Just wondering if anyone can help in advice on creating one of those
> psychedelic tunnel effects?
>
> Where the tunnel is spinning and it looks as though you are just on an
edge
> of a bend of the tunnel.
>
> Are their any macros or inc files that can do this?

Not sure about this one, aside from the tunnel object itself which could be
a spline and the camera having a path to follow it. You could basically
texture the thing, probably, and animate the texture. Partly mirrored,
partly not, might create a nice effect too. Again, though, I don't know of
any example scripts.

Bob H.