POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV Mechsim Motion Question : MegaPOV Mechsim Motion Question Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:38:22 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPOV Mechsim Motion Question
From: Tom Bates
Date: 23 Jul 2003 19:54:59
Message: <3f1f2053@news.povray.org>
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum,

I have lately been experimenting with the MechSim feature of MegaPOV 1.0.

I have created a somewhat complicated structure of masses and connections that
resembles a small animal.

I start it in the "air" and let it fall as the connections reach a steady state of
sorts by the time it lands on the "ground".

I want to be able to modify some of the values of some of the connections, now, to
see if I can get this creature to move.  Very similar, I suppose, to what Mack
Tuesday described in his posting May 22nd, "MegaPOV mechsim environment collisions".

It has occurred to me, from reading these groups as well as reading the available
documentation, that in order to do this, I need to replace the "load_file" command
with file-reading/topology-rebuilding code of my own.

I've done this, but the animation does not seem to be animating.  It keeps
resimulating the first 1/24 seconds for every frame, so I get the same image for
every frame.

It seems to me that the reason for this is that I'm not doing anything with the
"time" value read from the mechsim data file.  And the reason for this is that I
don't know what to do with the "time" value from the mechsim data file.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could enlighten me as to what I need to do.
If you need more information than what I've provided here, please let me know.

Thank you,

Tom Bates

--
#macro T(B)#local m=mod(B,8);#local B=floor(B/8);m#end#local C=126981491245202;#
local D=115694168992822;sphere_sweep{b_spline 16#local i=0;#while(i<16)<T(C)-4,T