POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Deployment of POV-Ray on Windows 2000 in a school : Re: Deployment of POV-Ray on Windows 2000 in a school Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:41:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Deployment of POV-Ray on Windows 2000 in a school
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 22 Jul 2003 08:33:31
Message: <3f1d2f1b$1@news.povray.org>
People like to make things ten times. I cannot recommend that to you,
Soeren.

The installer which is included with POV-Ray works very well and is TESTED.

Therefore we (from Winrobots see www.winrobots.com) just take this installer
to install the programm automatically. No MSI etc. is needed. Why use
complicated
technology to make a "repackaging" if its not necessary because everything
(Installation/Deeinstallation) is already there and tested from those people
who made the program?

Our "WinRobots" click the buttons etc. like any person would do it
"manually".

No chance to find a diffrence between a manual or our automatic installation
using WinRobots-Technology.

Of course if someone tries to make a "private repacking" of Software,
there is a real danger that something will NOT WORK under certain
conditions.

Several big Software Companies deny support if you "repack" their programms
with whatever technology. For good reasons.

--Theo
Distributed Network-Rendering or Local SMP-Rendering. With SMPOV and
POV-Ray 3.5. * Download free at: http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm