POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9 : Re: Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9 - Suse 8.2 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:56:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9 - Suse 8.2
From: Ger Remmers
Date: 21 Jul 2003 07:29:07
Message: <3f1bce83$1@news.povray.org>
Herman Serras wrote:

> Thank you for the help. I installed from CD2, but I don't know how to
> start the program (or the test.sh script).
> I'm sure I have to work on my knowledge of linux...
> Herman

Keep in mind that Pvray under Linux is a commandline version
To run Povray open a commandline and type
povray [ENTER]
It should give you a short help screen.

To create/edit/alter your sources you can use any ascii editor available
under Linux (and there are plenty, I prefer "kate" )

To render an image type

povray -i<source name> +W640 +H480 +D [ENTER]

It will render and display (that's what the +D is for) at 640 x 480

HTH

Cheers

Ger