POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9 : Re: Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9 - Suse 8.2 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:50:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9 - Suse 8.2
From: Herman Serras
Date: 20 Jul 2003 12:03:27
Message: <3f1abd4f@news.povray.org>
For many years I'm using Povray on a Windows platform. Being new to
linux (Suse 8.2) I tried to install Povray under windows.
On http://www.povray.org/download I found some instructions to install,
but I didn't manage it.
I downloaded povlinux.tgz to a temporary map home/xxx/Temp (where xxx is
the name of the user). Using "tar" as mentioned on the site I get a new
map home/xxx/Temp/Povray-3.5.
Cd to this map and ./install gives nothing.
What is going wrong and where should I put povlinux.tgz when
downloading?

Herman