POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Announce: RendView-0.6.9 : Re: Announce: RendView-0.6.9 Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: RendView-0.6.9
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 17 Jul 2003 06:39:29
Message: <3f167ce0@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:07:33 +0200, Wolfgang Wieser <wwi### [at] gmxde>
> wrote:
>> [Sorry for multi-posting with p.b.utilities -- just read about the
>> difference on http://news.povray.org/povray.announce.frequently-asked-
>> questions/16710/?tmax=100]
>
> You can always cancel post and repost it correct, thought useles when
> first answer appear.

Really? I don't know how to cancel a post. Could you enlighten me?

>> RendView is a utility to have films rendered using POVRay
>> and post-processed
>
> What you mean as 'post-processed'. I searched your site carefully and
> found only "glowfilter" mentioned in examples. I can find section about
> post-processing in your site - any more details ?

Well, you can use any filter which reads the image from stdin
and writes a processed image to stdout. Such "filtering" is what I
mean with "post-processing".

However, RendView does not provide any such filter by itself -- it just
provides a possibility to have the filtering done (just as it does
not provide a renderer -- you need to use POVRay).
Also the "glowfilter" does not exist. It's just there as an example
of what you could do (use e.g. "cjpeg" instead of "glowfilter").

The best "filter" is probably a custom shell script which does
what you want depending on the arguments you pass to it (which can
be tuned on a per-frame basis). [Note however the chapter about
shell scripts.] This enables you to use more than one filter for
a frame.

Wolfgang