POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation tutorial for linux users : Re: Animation tutorial for linux users Server Time
28 Sep 2024 20:43:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation tutorial for linux users
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 17 Jul 2003 03:02:58
Message: <3f164a21@news.povray.org>
Florian Rustedt wrote:
>> Furthermore, it cannot encode multiple PNG files unless you
>> patch it in some crude way... (Took me several hours.)
>
> Just wrong. I did it like that ("mencode -mf someOptions:file=png").

Yes but that does only work with divx for me. When using
lavc, the swscaler has to be used for colorspace conversion
and it introduces heavy disortion. You can get the same effect
by using (IIRC)
  mplayer -vo xv -mf on:w=640:h=480:fps=25:type=png "f000*.png" -vop rgb2bgr

In case you know how to encode multiple png files using
  -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4
I'd be very happy to know.

Wolfgang