POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth triangle trouble : Re: Smooth triangle trouble Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth triangle trouble
From: Doug Eichenberg
Date: 16 Jul 2003 18:07:36
Message: <3f15cca8$1@news.povray.org>
Is this a mesh of triangles made from other software, or did you construct
the object yourself?  I've had meshes that I ran through PolyTrans, and when
they were smoothed I got strange holes and such in the objects.  In other
words, it is probably something wth the way the surface normals are being
calculated, and using another piece of software to calculate them might fix
it.

--
Douglas C. Eichenberg
dou### [at] nlsnet