POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Color Generation: How do I get rid of pink. : Re: Color Generation: How do I get rid of pink. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Generation: How do I get rid of pink.
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 13 Jul 2003 10:14:49
Message: <3f116959$1@news.povray.org>
Well, if you' experiment a little, you'll find the rgb values
around which pink occurs. Making the different
colors thus dependant on each other so that they avoid
it might be a way to go.
First, calculate red and green. If both of them are in
a certain designated range, just leave blue out, or
weak, or strong, or whatever.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

> I'm working on a scene with a library at night, where I am filling
> bookshelves with random books.  Overall, I'm pleased with the way it is
> working out, but I'm getting some shockingly pink books that look way out
> of place in a library.  There is an image at
> http://homepage.mac.com/sstrange/POV/libraryatnight.jpg
>
> Right now my code generates random colors, and then try to weed out the
pink
> colors. As the above image shows, so far I've failed in this approach.
The
> problem is that 'pink' seems to show up when red and blue are close to
each
> other and green is significantly lower.  However, there seem to be other
> obnoxious pink combinations in there.
>
> Another option I've considered is to pregenerate a huge table of
> 'acceptable' colors and then pull randomly from it.  I'm just loathe to do
> the work of generating sever thousand good book colors.
>
> So assuming that I can't get over my feelings of masculine insecurity and
> want to get rid of the pink, can anyone come up with a better way to do
it?

> many thanks,
> Steven

---