POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Exporting to Povray from Wings3D : Re: Exporting to Povray from Wings3D Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exporting to Povray from Wings3D
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 11 Jul 2003 11:28:58
Message: <3f0ed7ba@news.povray.org>
> When I run Wings3D, I don't see an export option for Povray,
> although there are some for .mdl and .vrml.  The is also a plugin
> preference menu for Povray.  But I can't figure how to export

You mean, there is a menu with preferences for POV-Ray export? You can
export from there.

I'm a few versions behind you, but if Wings3D still works like my version
does, you can click on the menu-text "POV-Ray 3.5" to export directly  OR
you can click on the button right next to the text, for adjusting the
preferences - as you say, you have tried.. It should be rather simple.

If somehow these options not showing up, make sure you've put the
export-plugin in the right directory, and that the version corresponds with
the Wings3D version. Even a slight difference in version is currently enough
to mess it up.

Regards,
Hugo