POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Radiosity artifacts : Re: Radiosity artifacts Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity artifacts
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 11 Jul 2003 05:18:18
Message: <3f0e80da$1@news.povray.org>

3f0e344e@news.povray.org...
> it seems that the scenes in where I try to light up the space with mostly
> radiosity generated light it is just blotchy or patterns develope on the
> wall that won't go away.

In addition to what Mael said, there are unfortunately many situations where
it's difficult to avoid artifacts completely. Scenes involving large
expanses of walls are typically problematic...
Some people have tried to change the code to allow more than 1600 samples,
with partial success. The original developer of the radiosity code, Jim
McElhiney, reported recently in p.programming that there were some problems
in it (bad news) but that he was trying to fix them (good news).

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com