POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Radiosity artifacts : Re: Radiosity artifacts Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity artifacts
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 11 Jul 2003 04:11:07
Message: <3f0e711b$1@news.povray.org>

Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> git### [at] wanadoofr news:3f0dd15b@news.povray.org
> I dissagree, I usualy use 4-5. It is very important in some scenes - for
> quick example imagin a maze with a light source far away, but with very
> white walls like rgb .9 diffuse .9

Of course, you can build a scene so that it requires a high level of
recursivity, just like you can build a scene that requires max_trace_level
256 or any other feature set at its maximum level. But it still doesn't make
sense for scenes that won't use it.

> using adc_bailout 1/128 will prevent "overkill" :) and it is not broken.
You're right (and Warp is right too), it's the adc_bailout in reflection and
refraction that's broken (it's in a p.general thread of 12/3/2003 but I
couldn't find it yesterday).

In any case, I'd certainly be interested in demo scenes that would
demonstrate the use of high recursion levels associated with variable values
of adc_bailout, while keeping reasonable render times and quality.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com