POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Tree 1.1 : Re: POV-Tree 1.1 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:09:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree 1.1
From: St
Date: 10 Jul 2003 16:08:29
Message: <3f0dc7bd@news.povray.org>
"Gena" <obu### [at] mailcom> wrote in message
news:3F0### [at] mailcom...

> It would be very helpful to see your scene.
> In general, you should not do anything special to
> render mesh tree. All textures are declared in
> the same include file as mesh itself.

   Hi Gena, I'm sorry for not replying quickly, I didn't want to keep
you waiting in anticipation. I've been playing with PoV and PoV-Tree
for a couple of days now and I've been experiencing quite a few
problems with my machine. There's no need to post my code as 'none'
below has confirmed that I was right with mine.

    I think it's my HD. It's presently started to randomly place the %
character inside the syntax of a tree, and therefore the render window
won't open. This happened around 8 months ago, (when I lost my last
HD), and I thought Jaime Piqueres was wrong when he said that he
thought that my HD was on it's way out. How wrong I was, and how right
he was!

  Anyway, basically, the same thing is happening again, and I can't
get the render, so it's not PoV-Tree, (as others have confirmed in
other posts).    :)

   (N.B. This is the second reply that I've typed out to you, the
first I couldn't send because this machine just went blank and shut
down and I had to start again... <sigh> )

> Gena.
>
> P.S. I suppose you didn't set black colors
> for bark and leaves :)

   Me Gena?? NO WAY!!    ;)

   ~Steve~