POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples : Re: QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Jul 2003 05:03:52
Message: <3f07e5f8@news.povray.org>

3f073ade$1@news.povray.org...
> Hi.Family Day is fantastic and works fine on Win 98 SE (QT version). Do
you
> have time to explain with some detail how you created these, from the POV
> scene to the final viewing stage? That would be a huge help...
> Thanks very much,

Thanks!
I'm not sure if you mean the "Family" image itself or just the QTVR... I may
write a "making of" in the future, but in a nutshell it's just a bunch of
pipes created with my "MadPipe" macro with additional props (particularly
some from http://www.baument.com) and Poser characters thrown in.
If you mean how to turn the POV-Ray scene into a QTVR file, here's how to do
it:

- download Panocube http://www.panoshow.com/panocube.htm and the Panotools
suite http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch
- create a directory so that there is no space in the path name, such as
c:\panorama (but NOT c:\program files\panorama)
- unzip the Panocube file and put Ptstitcher.exe and Pano12.dll in this
directory
- drag and drop Ptstitcher.exe on Panocube.exe : this tells Panocube where
Ptstitcher is and needs to be done only once
- to create the QTVR, drag and drop the image file on Panocube.exe, and

Other conversion options (size, etc.) can be edited in the script.txt file.
There's also a commercial version of Panocube with more options.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com