POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What causes this effect. : What causes this effect. Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  What causes this effect.
From: mcavoys
Date: 4 Jul 2003 14:17:36
Message: <3f05c4ab.205412537@news.povray.org>
I posted an image in p.b.i titled "What causes this effect."
Can anyone explain the striated (?) effect on the inserts. I noticed that the
vertical cylinders in my Orrery (WIP) Larger insert looked like several
cylinders stacked one on top of another and to the side. So I increased the AA:
threshold 0, Rays 9x9, depth 5, and they were still there. Can't be that then.
The Main image has no AA but the camera angle is 9.8 whilst the inserts have an
angle of 39.6 (Moray settings.
As I'll want a largish field of view what causes it and is there is a work
around.

Regards
        Stephen