POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sheared orthographic camera : Re: Sheared orthographic camera Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sheared orthographic camera
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Jul 2003 15:55:45
Message: <3f0338c1@news.povray.org>
In article <3f03165d@news.povray.org> , "Vadim Sytnikov" <syt### [at] rucom>
wrote:

>  It turns out that I was wrong... It seems
> like, when I'm trying to skew camera w/o matrix, 'right' and 'up' vectors
> get altered to make them perpendicular to the <location-look_at> vector,
> which I did not expect. That's... not quite consistent of POV, I would say.

Look_at is just an alternate representation of several of the other
parameters.  You cannot adjust both representations and expect POV-Ray to
guess which one or combination to use.  That is why POV-Ray 3.5 does apply
all parameters in a well-specified order.

Using matrix is the way to go for your problem unless you don't want to use
look_at.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde