POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hierarchy in POV-Ray ? : Re: Hierarchy in POV-Ray ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:11:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hierarchy in POV-Ray ?
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 1 Jul 2003 23:02:03
Message: <3f024b2b$1@news.povray.org>
Program ended abnormally on 2003-07-01 22:05, Due to a catastrophic
Oodini error:

>>> If you suggest me Union, where is the new centroid ?
>>

>> Whatever technique you use to determine the centroid of the parts will
>> presumably still work for the centroid of the union.
>

> Well, suppose I want to do a solar system. All the planets are supposed
> to turn around the sun (don't care about spin), and follow it when the
> sun turns around the center of the galaxy.
> I mean thiskind of hierarchy.
>
> But there isn't any hierarchy in the union, I guess.
> All the objects are equal.

I think the answer you're looking for, is yes.  Relative position of objects in
a union are kept when the transformation is applied to the whole union.

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{orthographic location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a }