POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sheared orthographic camera : Re: Sheared orthographic camera Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:10:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sheared orthographic camera
From: Vadim Sytnikov
Date: 1 Jul 2003 11:18:18
Message: <3f01a63a$1@news.povray.org>
"Breton Slivka" <blah> wrote:
> I can't say I perfectly understand what you're getting at

Based upon you suggestion, I can say you did understand it pretty well.

> what you want is not a function of the camera, but
> a function of the scene. that is, you should wrap the scene
> in a union and shear the whole thing.

Nope... unfortunately. First of all, not everything can easily be put into a
union; for instance, there is good deal of spotlights etc. that all would
have to be handled separately. Because of this and other similar reasons, I
would very much prefer to adjust camera instead.

Even more important: I have great number of small objects (especially
meshes) in my scenes, which are BTW rendered into animations. I took great
pains *not* to employ transformations whenever possible, but instead use
proper creation parameters -- transformations hurt performance quite
badly... All in all, I would like to tweak camera instead of messing with
objects.

Thanks for the suggestion though.