POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Q about moving multiple objects along spline : Re: Q about moving multiple objects along spline Server Time
5 Jul 2024 11:41:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q about moving multiple objects along spline
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 1 Jul 2003 01:08:29
Message: <3f01174d$1@news.povray.org>
Here i have 8 horses running along 4 splines:
http://cvs.buckosoft.com/Projects/pov/ttho/directHoss.inc?rev=1.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

The Big Lesson is that life begins at 0 and ends at 1.
When coding an animation, you need to get each movement to run from 0-1.

So i calculate each horse's start and end time and make that a f(0-1).
Each horse that runs behind (starts later) on the track simply has his start
and end time moved down.

dik

(BTW, Press my Caps Lock and call me clueless, but i just recently discovered
the amazing Chris Colefax Spline Macro.  No longer will i have to hand code
my animation splines.)