POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making money from art : Re: Making money from art Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making money from art
From: Anto Matkovic
Date: 28 Jun 2003 09:11:45
Message: <3efd9411@news.povray.org>
> Hello
>
> Just wondering if any pov-ray artists have made any money from their work?
>
> Has anyone made any money from zazzle.com?
>
> What is the 'in' graphics at the moment?
>
> Are fractal images still selling?

Yes, I was writing about POV and related software before six years (in one
non-english language). On the other hand, about 70% visits to my site are
for POV and related stuff. I financing this site from my 3d animator's
salary, working with 3dsMax and XSI.
So, my POV account is lower than 0 (zero). My Zazzle account is a right 0
(zero) . Even I really didn't work on this Zazzle stuff too much.

Maybe (maybe...) things can change, if we can see some decent animation
editors for POV (with function curves, dopeshit, skeleton system, just like
in Blender, not much more, just to be finished and user friendly). I hope
just one of  the POV-Ray programming genius (we can see a lot of  here...:)
will spend a some time for this. POV is a powerfull, fast and -very- stable
raytracer, but I didn't found a way to be a more productive with any 3d than
a good 2d drawer, in case of stills. Animation is the other story.

Anto
http://www.matkovic.com/anto