POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : heightfields, 16bit images and isosurfaces : 16bit PNG and TIFF Patch (was: heightfields, 16bit images and isosurfaces) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  16bit PNG and TIFF Patch (was: heightfields, 16bit images and isosurfaces)
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 27 Jun 2003 21:36:08
Message: <3efcf108@news.povray.org>
I updated my custom POV version to include suppport for 16bit PNGs
and 16bit grayscale TIFFs.

PNG support should be complete, it also fixes the bug with grayscale
images <8bpp beeing almost black, and transparent 8bpp grayscale
PNGs should be more memory-efficient (they where converted to RGB
before).

The TIFF Patch is more limited, it at least allows reading
uncompressed 16bit grayscale TIFFs exported from Picture
Publisher 10, but I can't guaranty for anything more  ;-)
(extracting anything else than 8bit RGBA from LibTiff seems
to be quite complicated...)

Downloads:

<http://www.lutz-peter.hoogi.de/extern/lppov_usr.zip>
Win32 executable (MingW) and sample scenes

<http://www.lutz-peter.hoogi.de/extern/lppov_diff.zip>
Just the changed files needed to apply the patches to megapov 1.0

<http://www.lutz-peter.hoogi.de/extern/lppov_src.zip>
Full source code (minus support libs) including makefiles for
MingW (windows and windows console) and BCC 5.5

Lutz-Peter