POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Poser-type modelling under Linux? : Re: Poser-type modelling under Linux? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser-type modelling under Linux?
From: Andreas Kreisig
Date: 25 Jun 2003 16:21:37
Message: <3efa0451@news.povray.org>
John Gay wrote:

>>Gosh, I think it is hard to find something like this. In fact, I searched
>>for such a program some months ago, but I found nothing suitable. So, I
>>resigned and bought Poser 4.0 for Windows (which was quite cheap, though).
>>
> Except that's not an option for me. I'll be re-building my home system
> from scratch soon, so that means Linux only. POV-Ray will be my rendering
> package, and I plan to use either the mpegtools or mplayers memcoder for
> the video. I've also lined up some must-have audio tools as well.

With some patient this may be what you're looking for:

http://www.daz3d.com/products/studio.php

You need patient because this package just entered the beta testing stage
and it will first released for Win and Mac, then for Linux. AFAIK the base
application will be availablo for free.

Andreas

--
http://www.render-zone.com