POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Just an FYI... : Just an FYI... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Just an FYI...
From: Doug Eichenberg
Date: 24 Jun 2003 21:39:17
Message: <3ef8fd45$1@news.povray.org>
Hey guys, haven't been around here in a long time.  Wanted to drop by and
say hi to everyone.  Also, I wanted to share an e-mail I got recently.  I
was doing some work involving UV mapping and normally when I do 3d file
format conversion I use PolyTrans, since I use it at work all the time.  I
went searching for an update, figuring they had added UV mapping support and
mesh2 output, but no such luck.  So I wrote and told them about it.  Next
day I get the following e-mail from the guy that writes the software... the
power of e-mail at work :P

>Just thought I'd drop you a line about POV UV mapping.  As of version 3.5
they have a new mesh format called mesh2 which includes UV vector data.  I'd
love to see support for this in NuGraf/Polytrans... as it is, there is only
one piece of software I know of that exports in this format (3DWin).
Anyhow, just an FYI :P

Interesting. In my last waking hours of tonight I decided to go do some
basic
scavenging of specs. I dug up the necessary info on mesh2 and the image_map
types.

It's been 7 years since I wrote the POV exporter, and my exporter API has
been
completely changed since then, so I will print out all the info and find
some
odd moment in time when I might find time to implement all the changes.

Regards,

Robert Lansdale, Okino Computer Graphics.

3397 American Drive, Unit # 1. Mississauga, Ontario. L4V 1T8.
Tel: 888-3D-OKINO, (905) 672-9328.  lan### [at] okinocom.

Okino's software products (http://www.okino.com)
     - NuGraf Rendering System for Windows,
         IEEE "Technical Excellence Award" & "Golden Pixie" recipient.
     - PolyTrans, PolyTrans-for-Maya & PolyTrans-for-MAX,
High fidelity model/NURBS/animation translation software.
     - NuGraf Developer's 3D Toolkit, advanced photo-real OEM SDK.

Visit http://www.okino.com for demos, FAQs, complete online supported
file format documentation, online product registration, user supplied
imagery & renderings, user list & a growing number of WEB links.