POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how to speed up rendering with my objects : Re: how to speed up rendering with my objects Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to speed up rendering with my objects
From: skrillian
Date: 23 Jun 2003 21:42:46
Message: <3ef7ac96$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:04:58 -0400, Maik Schmidt wrote:

> Perhaps someone can take a look at my code and tell my either where or
> why it is slow and if it can be speed up?

	Difference and merge and clipped_by slow things down when rendering
the objects involved in the those processes.

	Say you have ten small objects in a union to make one large object. If
you difference {object{large} object{very_very_small}} the entire large
object is slowed. If you difference {object {small}
object{very_very_small}} and then union that into the large object it only
slows down when rendering the small object.

	If you could redesign it so that only the parts of the base and (top?)
that need to be differenced into a separate part and union all three you
should get a speed increase.