POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Changing Rendering settings : Re: Changing Rendering settings Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Changing Rendering settings
From: Hughes, B
Date: 23 Jun 2003 03:14:21
Message: <3ef6a8cd@news.povray.org>
Fun, huh...? Yeah, I probably had most of my fun when starting out too.
Anyway...

"Brian" <bes### [at] paradisenetnz> wrote in message

> What I want to know is how to change the render so that I can run the file
> at 320x240 -A...

You can either use the resolution dropdown list (in the Windows' POV) and it
has a 320x240 without AA, versus the one with AA (antialiasing) to do what
you asked, or put   +w320 +h240 -a   into the command line (also found in
the toolbar of the Windows' POV). Also from within a INI file, but no need
to confuse you with that until you work with those.

Of course, now I am wondering why you didn't read through the section about
Using POV-Ray since it is before the Beginning Tutorial. There is where
you'd have found how to go about that. Although, understandably, a new user
isn't always likely to remember those things without having first done them
in practice.

Something to think about for how the tutorial is written in the future since
I see it doesn't recap such useful information for the "beginner", except
indirectly as there is a command line switches link in the Our First Image
section concerning Library Path. See section 5.1.1 for that, specifically,
found within the POV-Ray Options part of the documentation.

Bob H.