POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using png to normal uv mapping : Re: Using png to normal uv mapping Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using png to normal uv mapping
From: Manuel
Date: 18 Jun 2003 18:31:32
Message: <3ef0e844$1@news.povray.org>
In the segnalation of bug in povray.bugreports,
I see the phrase:

"When the second 'uv_mapping' is uncommented in the code below,
instead of giving an error message, the pigment is reset (POV-Ray
warns that "No pigment type given")."

This mean the uv_mapping bump after uv_mapping pigment
must give an error message?
If yes, why in the povray manual, in the section 6.7.7, the
legal sintax is:
texture {
 uv_mapping pigment{PIGMENT_BODY} | pigment{uv_mapping PIGMENT_BODY}
 uv_mapping normal {NORMAL_BODY } | normal {uv_mapping NORMAL_BODY }
 uv_mapping texture{TEXTURE_BODY} | texture{uv_mapping TEXTURE_BODY)
}
------------------------END QUOTE--------------------It seem legal a second
uv_mapping declaration.I'm confused.Thanks, and excuse me for my multiple
post of UVbug.Regards,             Manuel