POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : .TER heightfield format patch available : Re: .TER heightfield format patch available Server Time
29 Jun 2024 05:45:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: .TER heightfield format patch available
From: Ray Gardener
Date: 17 Jun 2003 15:10:50
Message: <3eef67ba@news.povray.org>
> as a side note see bottom frame at
> http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/appendices.html#megapov_authors

Isn't Nathan Kopp a member of the POV-Team also?
Does that mean the POV-Team is helping write MegaPOV?
But then the POV-Team isn't responsible for it.
Wait a minute... hmm...

> your grep will not catch DAYLON_OGL_PATCH, DAYLON_TER_PATCH ?

My macro names are long enough already.

> > What I really wanted to do was patch POV so that it didn't
> > bother retaining filetype info after texture loading anyway,
> > because it's unnecessary.
>
> I do not investigated details but I wonder if it makes your patch
compatible
> with 'IO restrictions' idea introduced in 3.5?

I don't see how it wouldn't. If the filename or fileID for an
imagemap has been qualified by code prior to the
texture loader classes ever using it, then the
loader code itself would have to be hacked to overrule
the qualification, which is true of official POV.
You'd have something like:

  CExternalSceneResourceQualifier qualifier(pszFilespec);
  if(!qualifier.Okay() &&
     WarnUser("File %s is possibly dangerous to read\n", pszFilespec)
      == user_responses::abort)
      return;

  // load the texture as before, passing filespec as 'const'

Ray