POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : OpenGL wireframe preview patch available : Re: OpenGL patch update (June 16/2003) Server Time
30 Jun 2024 19:46:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenGL patch update (June 16/2003)
From: Ray Gardener
Date: 16 Jun 2003 17:42:06
Message: <3eee39ae$1@news.povray.org>
> ... In the scenes I've tested,
> the screen was simply black with wireframe lines, and I don't think that
> moving the camera would have helped seeing anything.

The point is well taken. The OpenGL stuff for me
is more about potential than specific uses.
The wireframing stuff (even the whole preview stuff)
may be a bust, but I have a feeling that there's
other things worth enabling (even if I'm not sure
what those things are right now).

It might wind up purely as a debugging aid for
adding primitives, for all I know, because it's
good at showing an object's bounding box -- you
can see if the bbox is too large or too small,
if it's transforming right, etc.

Ray