POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : OpenGL wireframe preview patch available : Re: OpenGL patch update (June 16/2003) Server Time
30 Jun 2024 19:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenGL patch update (June 16/2003)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 16 Jun 2003 10:58:59
Message: <3eeddb33$1@news.povray.org>

3eedaaf7@news.povray.org...
>   An idea:
>
>   Clicking and dragging on the preview window, perhaps with some hotkey
> pressed (as to not to interfere with the partial preview selection)
> could rotate the OpenGL camera around the look_at point.

I wholly second this idea. To be honest, I still don't see the point of an
OpenGL preview as it is. My tests with the patch resulted in a totally
useless and very black tangle of wireframe lines... But a shadowed view (not
wireframe) with quick color and the ability to walk through the scene would
certainly be a big plus. Add the ability to zoom/pan and to jump back to the
main camera position(s), like in a VRML browser, and this will actually help
scene design. Of course, once this gets done, people will start asking for
the ability to move things around, and then to scale them, and then Ray will
end up creating a modeller!

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com