POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: SeaShell Plugin : Re: SeaShell Plugin Server Time
28 Sep 2024 12:54:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SeaShell Plugin
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Jun 2003 02:49:20
Message: <3eed6870@news.povray.org>
"Philippe_Gibone" <Ph.### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht

> In Moray 3.3 you can check 'this is a mesh2 texture', then Moray generates
> texture, not a material (not sure this is the problem, though)
==> yes it is, in the case of a mesh2 texture made in Moray: when you open
the generated pov file, you see that it is a 'material' that is called for,
with the name of a 'texture', hence the error call from POV.
Example:
TUVMesh is checked in Moray (3.3 or 3.5) as a mesh2 'texture' and so does
not bear the term 'material'.
Rendering generates an error in POV. Opening the pov file, this is what is
written:
        material { TUVMesh }
So, there is a contradiction: POV expects a 'material' but only sees a
'texture'.
Changing manually 'material' into 'texture' solves the problem. But it is a
workaround.

> Inside the lua plugin, I have no problem defining a "material" for the
> "texture" of my mesh2, and a "texture" for the "interior_texture", but I
> have to be carefull when I choose them !
==> It seems to be better to stick to 'material', but I wonder what would
happen if you develop further towards uv-mapping etc. As far as I can see in
Moray, you cannot put a 'material' on a mesh2 object, nor a mesh2 'texture'
on a regular object... This is somewhat confusing I think...

Thomas