POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem with 'object' errors? : Re: Problem with 'object' errors? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:30:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with 'object' errors?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 16 Jun 2003 02:42:55
Message: <3eed66ef$1@news.povray.org>
I don't know why I didn't say this too, probably because I thought you would
already know what's needed: if you use 'union' around the macro statement
(more precisely, it's contents, so the union is part of the macro) then you
can do an 'object {macro(here)}' so it can still be worked with further,
after all is done. Instead of like I was saying before, which was to union
the macro call or leaving it unencapsulated.

Idea is... a 'while' loop should be considered for 'union' (or merge, or
whatever CSG you have in mind) to collect it into a single entity, except
when you intentionally want it ungrouped.

Bob H.