POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem with 'object' errors? : Re: Problem with 'object' errors? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with 'object' errors?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 16 Jun 2003 02:28:17
Message: <3eed6381@news.povray.org>
"Jessie K. Blair" <jbl### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> Oddly enough, the problem vanishes if I simply put a union around the
entire
> thing. I would still like to know why that error would have occurred in
the
> first place.

'object' isn't like a union at all, it's more of a container for a single
"object" so more can be done with it (scale, rotate, translate, add texture,
etc.), although it seems you might have thought so or at least figured it
could "union" everything. If you remove it from the macro call, at the very
end of your script, it's okay; or union around just that part is okay, but
not needed (unless you intend to do more things with it as a whole,
afterward).

Bob H.