POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Semiorthographic" camera? : "Semiorthographic" camera? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  "Semiorthographic" camera?
From: Felix Wiemann
Date: 15 Jun 2003 08:33:20
Message: <3eec6790@news.povray.org>
Hi!

The following scene doesn't look very nice, because the spheres are
distorted:

camera
 {
 location z * -3
 up y * 0.5
 right x * 4
 }
light_source { z * -10, rgb 1 }
#declare I = -5;
#while(I <= 5)
 sphere { x * I, 0.3 pigment { color rgb 1 } }
 #declare I = I + 1;
#end

(Render with "+W800 +H100"!)

I'd like to have a "semiorthographic" camera, i.e. one that is horizontally
orthographic but vertically perspective. This is similar to cylindrical
projection, type 4 ("horizontal cylinder, viewpoint moves along the
cylinder's axis") except that is shouldn't be projected onto a cylinder but
onto a plane.

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve this?

Thank you in advance,
Felix Wiemann