POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: SeaShell Plugin : Re: SeaShell Plugin Server Time
24 Jun 2024 07:59:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SeaShell Plugin
From: Philippe Gibone
Date: 15 Jun 2003 06:42:18
Message: <3eec4d8a@news.povray.org>
> > Version 2, 3... : (in the order you'll suggest)
> > The ability to define different steps for the wireframe and the
rendering
> ==> Priority 5.
Done in version 1 (very easy, and very convenient the redraws are very fast)

> > To have a smaller resolution around the bumps ==> hm. Not ested.
Priority
> somewhere in th middle I guess.

I'd like to put this one in version 2

> > uv_mapping texturing ==> Yes, this would be nice. Priority 1.
I'd like to put this one in version 2

>Also with exterior and interior texture definition possibility. Most shells
in nature
> are pearly white on the inside, while coloured on the outside.

Done in version 1, with a little problem : mesh2's accept an
"interior_texture", but no "material_texture", you can define texture
instead of material in Moray, but I don't know if it is possible to force
the user to select a testure and not a material for the inside. I'm yhinking
about giving a thickness to the Shell, this would solve the problem but
would multiply the parsing time by 2 !

> > Texture using the mesh2 capabilities ==> Yes, absolutely! Priority 2.
Now
> it gives an error in POV.
I don't get what kind of error you mean, by mesh2 capabilities I was
thinking of :
"To specify a texture for an individual mesh triangle, specify a single
integer texture index following the face-index vector for that triangle.
To specify three textures for vertex-texture interpolation, specify three
integer texture indices (separated by commas) following the face-index
vector for that triangle.
Vertex-texture interpolation and textures for an individual triangle can be
mixed in the same mesh"
and it is not yet in the code.

> > New functions for the structural curve ==> Priority 3.
I'd like to put this one in version 2

4.
> > New functions for the waves ==> Priority 6.
I'd like to put this one in version 3

About joining some textures (including a "the mother of all pearl"
texture ), I agree with you and I've allready asked Sylvain about that...

Cheers, and thanks for being concerned
Philippe Gibone