POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error with pow() : Re: Error with pow() Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error with pow()
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 14 Jun 2003 19:51:33
Message: <3eebb505@news.povray.org>
Ah, now I get what I misinterpreted: I somehow
expected that pow() wouldn't work properly
when using either a negative base OR a non-integer
exponent (and both combined would obviously be
desastrous). Don't ask me why, perhaps I encircled
the idea that I'm pulling some sort of root from the
base, and that this required an integer. Can't tell for
sure. Now that I understand where I was wrong,
I can't make any sense of my former thoughts anymore.

I guess you guys had this feeling (me not making
sense) all along. :-)

And now I fully understand what Warp meant about
int() being useless here etc.

Ah well. Sorry for any inconvenience I caused...

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0