POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What does 1.XQNAN000... mean? : Re: What does 1.XQNAN000... mean? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What does 1.XQNAN000... mean?
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 13 Jun 2003 21:05:11
Message: <3eea74c7@news.povray.org>
So, fiddling with the code came up with this:
I can't really find where the error is placed. I'll
try to cut down the source-code to the bare
minimum which'll reproduce the error with
#QNAN . I've tried using the same pretty close
numbers in the calculation where this error
is returned. In the scene, it uses 0.47... with
pow(0.47.... , 1/.03).
Works fine outside of scene, but not inside of
it.

Only thing I noticed is that when commenting out
an array declaration (trying to fill it with UV-Vectors),
the error is gone.
So, if I do:
#declare Array=array[2] { <1,.03>,<.9,.02> }
everything is working, but with
#declare Array=array[2]
#declare Array[0]=<1,.03>;
#declare Array[1]=<.9,.02>;
the error pops up.

Anyways, I'll post the code once its stripped. If anyone
has got any suggestions what to look for, I'd be happy
to attempt that.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde