POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What does 1.XQNAN000... mean? : What does 1.XQNAN000... mean? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  What does 1.XQNAN000... mean?
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 13 Jun 2003 20:39:05
Message: <3eea6ea9$1@news.povray.org>
So, while fiddling with trace() and objects declared into
arrays, I've noticed the following: when outputting the
specular value (asked that in a recent thread), I get,
when using str(Value,1,20) this:

1.#QNAN000000000000000

Now, I expect NAN is Not A Number. I'm not too
sure how this can happen... I'll look some more into it,
but perhaps some information on NAN and possible
origins (dividing by something near 0 or multiplying with
something too large) might aid me in looking for the actual
error (which might be in my code, can't tell for sure yet).

Nontheless, shouldn't POV have some means of avoiding
that?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde