POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Architecture...Some Notes : Re: Architecture...Some Notes Server Time
5 May 2024 19:38:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architecture...Some Notes
From: Shay
Date: 13 Jun 2003 16:47:17
Message: <3eea3855$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

Mr

This picture makes me wish I had Jim's vocabulary. The fact that I am at
the moment working on something which is at least somewhat similar
highlites the quality of this image to me even moreore. Maybe the people
are out of proportion as was mentioned in the comments, but other than
that, and the fact that the artist did not follow the rules of the
competition, this picture is perfect.

The composition of this picture is obviously very structured and
architectural in nature. What is amazing to me is how perfectly the
structure of the picture reflects the style of the building's structure.
The picture, like the building, minimises the vertical lines and
contributes to the feeling that each door and window represent a very
distinct area of the building. It is easy to imagine when looking at a
building/picture like this that several unique worlds could exist within
it, each never having significant contact with the others. Each group
whispering among themselves rumors about the loud noises which are heard
from the third floor, or extremely well dressed gentlemen seen taking
the elevator from the second. This to me is the essence of everything
that is good about living in a city: small communities, like minded
people finding each other and sharing their lives, a wide variety of
interests and lifestyles, the viability of sharing even the most obscure
interests with other human beings.

Simplicity

Veijo, I can sense that there is something very purposeful and strong
which you have worked hard to convey here and in some of your other
scenes. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that is. I believe it is
something that I have not experienced. It is always, however, refreshing
to see your work. Even though I can't say I "get" it, your work improves
my mood when I am painfully bored by other pictures.

 -Shay