POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : .TER heightfield format patch available : Re: .TER heightfield format patch available Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:53:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: .TER heightfield format patch available
From: Ray Gardener
Date: 13 Jun 2003 16:13:54
Message: <3eea3082@news.povray.org>

> Ray, I have not Terragen experience so I can't review it but I have side
note
> about your releases. First of all I think you really should change splash
> screen.

I'll be making a more customized one soon, but for now it was easier
to just take the existing one and overlay text (big, bold text) on it. At
least I made
sure that the word "patch" was obvious. :)  It was also the easiest
way to ensure that all the POV-Team's copyright notices were intact,
which is a requirement.

> Other thing is that releasing only binaries breaks license:

No kidding? That's why the source will be up soon (in fact, later today).
But getting it all nicely organized and documented takes time.
If someone's in a rush, they can have my source sooner, but
it will just be a crude zip of whatever's on my drive at the moment.

If the POV-Team has a problem, they can always send me an email.
That's one reason I post patches here, so that they're the first to know.
I appreciate your concern, but there's nothing going on here.

Ray