POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : matrix (components as functions of the coordinates) : matrix (components as functions of the coordinates) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  matrix (components as functions of the coordinates)
From: Edwin Miller
Date: 12 Jun 2003 19:36:23
Message: <3ee90e76@news.povray.org>
Hi, I`ve got a question about the matrix keyword...

Is there any way to create a (matrix) transformation in POVRAY with
the matrix components V00 .. V32 (as descripted in the manual) as
functions of the image coordinates px, py, pz?

I wanted to create a "cone" with the base just like a ellipse and the
top just like a normal circle. Therefor I have to scale the original cone
at the base with something like <1,1,0.5> and at the top with <1,1,1>,
between these both position scaling like a linear function.

If there's no way to solve this problem with the matrix keyword,
is there any other way to do?

thanks...