POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OpenGL preview in POV-Ray : Re: Quality levels in POV-Ray Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quality levels in POV-Ray
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Jun 2003 02:44:20
Message: <3ee82144@news.povray.org>
In article <3ee79113@news.povray.org> , "Ray Gardener"
<ray### [at] daylongraphicscom> wrote:

> I'd say it's a bug: the quality INI setting
> is intended to render scenes faster when
> the quality is lower, but it doesn't
> actually do that, because it lets some
> high-quality features remain enabled.
> Being able to work around the problem
> isn't a solution, because expending the
> effort for the workaround defeats the
> very purpose of the Quality setting: to
> provide an easy way to globally render
> scenes faster without having to care
> about the scene's content or code.

It is more like a limitation that got in over time.  A few features don't
honor the quality settings the way that one would expect.  I agree that it
is annoying in some cases, but that doesn't mean it won't be changed if
there is sufficient interest.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde