POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : heightfields, 16bit images and isosurfaces : Re: heightfields, 16bit images and isosurfaces Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:09:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: heightfields, 16bit images and isosurfaces
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 10 Jun 2003 14:35:05
Message: <3ee624d9@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> > Also no artifacts problem in the patched version :-)
>
> Well, only very faint artifacts. A huge improvement over smoothed height
> fields, but I wonder if those normal discontinuities could be removed...

I was referring to that black-spots-problem.
There is a faint grid structure visible, but I don't see any
discontinuities. There should't be any, unless there is a bug in my code.

> Are you going to post the code somewhere?

Yes, I will post it later, I just want to clean it up and maybe
optimize it (if possible) before.

btw, what would be the correct group for this?
.programming or .unofficial.patches?

Lutz-Peter